Motability is a registered charity, which helps disabled people and their families in the UK to become more mobile. It was set up on the initiative of the Government in 1977 to provide vehicles to disabled people. Terms have been arranged with motor manufacturers, wheelchair and vehicle adaptation suppliers and insurance companies so that a scheme could be offered that enables people with disabilities to become more mobile.
To join Motability simply exchange either your Higher Rate Mobility Allowance or War Pensioners Mobility Supplement for a brand new car every three years. Some cars will require an Advance Payment, which is payable to your dealer when you collect your car.
Who is eligible?
There are currently over 500,000 people who are using the Motability scheme to lease a car in the UK. And, here at Norton Way Mazda, you can take advantage of the scheme to transform your government funded mobility allowance into a brand new Mazda.
To qualify for the Mazda Motability scheme you must receive one of the following benefits:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
Please note that you should expect to receive your allowance for the full length of the agreement. However, as long as you have at least 12 months award remaining, you can join.
You don't even have to drive to get a Motability Contract Hire car as you can nominate up to two drivers to drive for you.
Motability Contract Hire
The Mazda Motability Contract Hire Scheme is available over a three year period.
- You will have to exchange your allowance, and pay an Advance Payment, where applicable.
- Maintenance, servicing, insurance and full breakdown cover for the vehicle, provided by the RAC, are included for the duration of the agreement.